Last Updated: September 2023
Welcome to MÜV™, (“MÜV”), located at http:/muvfl.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement addresses MÜV's practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” “you” or “your”) other than directly through or from the Site, such as in person or from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
This Privacy Statement is incorporated into MÜV’s Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
Collection Of Personally Identifiable Information From Site Visitors
MÜV may collect personally identifiable Information about you, which is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. MÜV may collect: (a) information knowingly provided by the user through the Site in online informational sections, including the “Contact Us” section or on any registration forms; (b) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with MÜV via e-mail; (c) information gathered through the analysis of cookies, or any other methods of internet browsing analysis, such as Google Analytics. We may combine your personally identifiable information with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, for example, your purchase history from our dispensing organization to the extent permitted by applicable privacy laws. If you do not wish to provide such information to MÜV, you may be unable to obtain the services through the Site. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, MÜV may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and may record information related to the search request.
Use Of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
Except as otherwise described in any consent or authorization that you later sign in connection with your use of the Site, we may use personally identifiable information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts.
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you newsletters and other communications to which you subscribe.
- to personalize your experience on the Site.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
Disclosure Of Personal Information To Third Parties
Except as otherwise described in any consent or authorization that you later sign in connection with your use of the Site, any personally identifying information that you provide to MÜV through the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities not affiliated with MÜV, except:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
While MÜV may undertake efforts to see that any third party to whom MÜV discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which MÜV exercises no control. MÜV is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to MÜV via the Site or e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
Links To Other Sites
How We Collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We and our third party service providers may collect non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication or demographic information about you (such as your age or your gender), is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with personally identifiable information, this information does not personally identify you or any other individual.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated personally identifiable information does not personally identify you or any other individual (for example, we may use personally identifiable information to calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code).
Security Measures And Communicating With MÜV
The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from MÜV via the Site or via e-mail cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. MÜV is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Access To And Ability To Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right
Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, MÜV will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by MÜV that has been voluntarily provided by you to MÜV through any online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting MÜV via e-mail or telephone at the address or telephone number set forth above. You may opt out of having your personally identifiable information prospectively retained by MÜV or used by MÜV by contacting MÜV via e-mail or telephone at the address or telephone number set forth above, but if you do so you may not be able to use all of the services or functionality available through the Site.
Right To Change Privacy Statement
MÜV reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit.
Use Of Site By Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Site.
HIPPA Notice Of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully by reviewing our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices below.
Limitation Of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
How to Contact Us
224 W Hill St.
Chicago, Illinois 60610