Buh-Bye Booze: 5 Fancy Cannabis Drinks to Ring in the New Year
As the holiday season approaches, many of us are looking for ways to spice up our traditional celebrations and add a little extra cheer to the season. With the growing popularity of cannabis, more and more people are exploring various ways to incorporate it into the holiday season. One way to do this is by infusing cannabis into holiday drinks. Whether you're looking to add a relaxing twist to your eggnog or a festive kick to your hot cocoa, there are plenty of ways to infuse your favorite holiday drinks with cannabis.
Why Infuse Your New Year's Eve Drinks with Cannabis?
New Year's Eve is the final sendoff for the holiday season, and many choose to celebrate with a cocktail in hand. For some, though the hangover associated with drinking alcohol can be a hard deterrent. For those that want to enjoy the holidays in a unique way, CBD and/or THC-infused drinks can be a boon in helping you unwind and engage in all the holiday festivities without the morning-after blues.
Drinking a cannabis-infused drink can keep you feeling chipper on New Year's Day, unlike those who have trouble waking after hard holiday partying. Cannabis drinks are also a great option for those who want to enjoy the benefits of the plant without smoking or vaping. If you'd like to learn more about how to make your own cannabis-infused holiday drinks, we have some tasty recipes and fantastic cannabis New Year’s drink ideas for you.
MÜV Favorites: The Perfect Cannabis-Infused Drink Recipes
Holiday drinks are a great accompaniment to a festive New Year. If you'd like to add cannabis to a holiday drink for a unique, booze-free night, here are five unique recipes using MÜV Encapsulated Cannabis Tinctures in THC, 1:1 THC/CBD, or CBD - water-soluble tinctures that makes the perfect addition to any canna-cocktail - to start the New Year off the right way.
- Start by mixing the ginger ale, cranberry juice, lime juice, and simple syrup together.
- Either mix or shake with ice to combine and chill the ingredients.
- Next, add the seltzer water and cannabis tincture or oil to the shaker and give it another quick shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a glass filled with ice and garnish with fresh cranberries and lime slices.
- Sip and enjoy this deliciously refreshing, buzz-worthy cocktail.
Notes: This drink has no gin but gets its kick from the ginger ale instead. Still, be sure to drink responsibly and start with a low dose of cannabis to ensure you don't overdo it. Cheers!
A Nojito is a refreshing, non-alcoholic twist on the classic mojito cocktail. Of course, this recipe adds a fun and unique twist by infusing the nojito with cannabis for a relaxing and enjoyable drink.
Makes: One 16 oz. drink or two 8 oz. drinks.
To make a cannabis-infused Nojito, you will need the following ingredients:
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup (you can make your own by mixing equal parts sugar and water and heating it until the sugar dissolves)
- Your desired dose of MÜV Cannabis Tincture
- 8 oz. club soda
- To start, muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a glass. If you’ve never muddled before, the term means crushing an ingredient with a muddler (or a wooden spoon if you don't have one) to release its flavor.
- Next, add the lime juice, simple syrup, and cannabis tincture. Stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice and top it off with club soda.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Enjoy your refreshing and relaxing Nojito.
Notes: You can adjust the amount of cannabis tincture to suit your personal preference. If you’re new to tinctures, start with a small amount and increase it slowly to find the right balance for you. Keep in mind that since you’re ingesting your cannabis, its effects can take as long as 60 to 90 minutes to kick in. Be sure to wait at least an hour before deciding if you need to add more. Give it a try and see for yourself how enjoyable a Nojito can be!
- First, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Next, add the water and stir until well combined.
- Then, add your desired amount of cannabis oil and give it a final stir.
- Pour the lemonade into glasses filled with ice and garnish with a slice of lemon for a touch of added flavor and decoration.
Notes: This New Year's Eve, why not try cannabis-infused lemonade for a unique and delicious way to celebrate the new year? It's easy to make too! All you need is your favorite tincture, some fresh lemons, sugar, and water. You can get creative and add other fruits or herbs to the mix, such as strawberries, mint, or basil.
Coco Canna Punch
With New Year’s closing in, it's time to start thinking about special festive drinks you can enjoy instead of alcohol. One delicious option to consider is a Coco Canna Punch. This tropical twist on a classic punch combines the rich flavor of coconut with the mellow effects of cannabis, making it the perfect beverage to try at your next holiday party.
Makes: One 20 oz. virgin cocktail or two 10 oz. virgin cocktails
To make this punch, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz honey
- 2 oz. grenadine
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 4 oz. sparkling water
- Your desired dose of encapsulated cannabis tincture
- Plenty of ice
- First, combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, honey, lime juice, and encapsulated tincture in a shaker or mixer.
- Stir the mixture well to make sure that all the ingredients are combined.
- Next, add a generous amount of ice to the pitcher, and stir again to help the punch chill.
- Finally, just before serving, add the sparkling water and give the punch a final stir to incorporate the bubbles.
- To serve, pour the punch into glasses and garnish with a slice of lime and a sprig of fresh mint if desired.
Notes: This punch is perfect for anyone who wants something a little tropical to ring in the new year. The combination of coconut, pineapple, and lime is sweet and refreshing, and the addition of cannabis-infused honey gives the punch a unique twist.
- Begin by bringing the cup of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, the tea bag can be steeped in the water for the time recommended on the tea packaging (usually about 3-5 minutes)
- While the tea is steeping, measure out the desired amount of CBD oil.
- Once the tea has finished steeping, remove the tea bag and stir in the CBD oil.
- If using, top with fruit and spices for garnish and added flavor.
Notes: CBD oil is known for its potential benefits, including relaxation and reducing stress. To make this tea even more enjoyable, try adding a sweetener such as honey or agave nectar or even a splash of milk or cream. You can also experiment with different types of tea and different amounts of CBD oil to find the perfect combination for your taste and desired effects.
Skip the Booze and Welcome 2023 with Cannabis Instead
As we say goodbye to 2022 and all its challenges, many of us are making resolutions to improve our health and wellbeing in 2023. For those looking to ditch the booze this year, try out our fantastic cannabis-infused drink recipes as an alternative to champagne or alcohol based cocktails.
From a Cranberry Gin Fizz to CBD Tea, these drinks are not only delicious but also offer the potential benefits of cannabis such as relaxation and pain relief. So why not give them a try? And if you need help finding the right products for your recipes, be sure to stop by your local MÜV Dispensary - we’d be happy to assist you!
Happy holidays from your friendly neighborhood MÜV Dispensary!
- Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis: A Patient Survey. (n.d.). NCBI. Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3998228/
- Sharma, P. (n.d.). Chemistry, Metabolism, and Toxicology of Cannabis: Clinical Implications. NCBI. Retrieved December 16, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572
Content Manager for MÜV Florida and Contributor for Zen Leaf Dispensaries. A cannabis connoisseur with a passion for explaining the miraculous possibility of the plant, Swan began her journey with cannabis as a recreational user and quickly realized its positive impact on her depression and severe anxiety. She joined the cannabis industry as Receptionist and MedTender and witnessed first-hand the immense potential of the plant for a wide variety of ailments, deepening her passion for alternative medicine. Swan is dedicated to self-education on the plant and sharing its potential with all. She holds a Journalism degree from the University of Iowa.