TikTok Recipes with a Twist: Cannabis-Infused Pizza Toast
We love a TikTok recipe. They go viral for a reason – they’re often quick, easy, and most of all, delicious. The only thing that could make them better?
Infusing them with a bit of cannabis.
Homemade edibles are one of our favorite ways to dose. You can craft the edible to your liking, including a larger dose of THC should you need it. And, these edibles are more than just the typical sweets – you can craft your favorite savory snacks and meals, including TikTok-favorite Pizza Toast by Hailey Bieber.
Hailey Bieber’s Pizza Toast – What’s the Hype?
Pizza Toast, crafted and posted by Hailey Bieber, took the internet and #recipetok by a storm. Her popularity as a model (and, of course, Justin Bieber’s wife) has nothing to do with the accolades this recipe has received.
The mouthwatering creation has been making waves with its simplicity and incredible flavors. Imagine two slices of perfectly toasted sourdough bread, slathered in rich butter and drizzled with luxurious truffle or olive oil, layered with the cheesy, tomato-y goodness that we all know and love about pizza.
A heavenly blend of textures and flavors that will transport your taste buds to foodie paradise. Don't miss out on this viral sensation – indulge and elevate Hailey Bieber’s Pizza Toast with a drizzle of homemade cannabis-infused olive oil. Trust us, once you take a bite, you'll be hooked.
The Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Pizza Toast
The base of every great recipe is great ingredients. Hailey Bieber’s Pizza Toast is chock full of flavor-rich components that compound into a snack you’re sure to crave at any time of day:
- Sourdough Bread: you want this to be good, hearty sourdough. Pre-sliced or hand-sliced, you want to be sure this bread can carry the weight of tomatoes, sauce, and burrata. The tang of this delightful bread option really brings the flavors of the other ingredients together.
- Truffle Oil: this oil should be a staple in every kitchen, in our opinion. Rich, earthy, intense, and flavor-rich this addition to Pizza Toast elevates the snack to an experience. If you don't have truffle oil on hand, you can also sub with flavorful, high-quality olive oil.
- Burrata Cheese: once you’ve had burrata, there’s no other cheese option. A delectable Devon (or clotted) cream encased in a mozzarella shell, this rich, milky cheese is a standout on its own, or atop pizza toast.
- Heirloom Tomatoes: sure, on the vine works too, but if you can snag heirloom – snag them. These babies are pollinated organically, leading to a rich, robust tomato flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
- Marinara Sauce: we love a flavor-rich marinara, and often add additional Italian seasoning to make it so! Rao’s is always a solid option, as is Good & Gather’s Traditional.
- Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil: what sets our recipe apart from Hailey’s is our cannabis infusion. By finishing the recipe with a drizzle of olive oil infused with RSO or distillate, you’re sure to enjoy this PM dosing even more.
In addition to the above core ingredients, you’ll need:
- Parmesan cheese (block or shredded)
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Pizza Toast
What we love about this recipe is its ease, ideal for chefs and aspiring cooks alike! Below is a detailed breakdown of each step – if you’re someone who prefers a printable recipe card, scroll past these steps for a print-ready version.
Preheat your oven to 375°F, then:
Step 1: Toast Your Bread
Start by grabbing your slices of sourdough bread. Butter each side, then add a drizzle of either truffle oil or olive oil (unmedicated!). Place your toast in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Step 2: Slice Your Tomatoes and Marinate
As your bread toasts, slice your tomatoes to your desired thickness and add a spritz of lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This is to enhance the tomato flavor.
Step 3: Layer on the Burrata and Heirloom Tomatoes
The best part (besides eating the finished goods) – break apart your burrata and watch the creamy goodness ooze out. Add your desired amount to your toast, then layer on the marinated tomatoes.
Step 4: Bake for 10-12 Minutes, and Warm Your Pizza Sauce
Pop the toast layered with burrata and heirloom tomatoes in the oven. As it bakes for 10-12 minutes, heat up your favorite pizza sauce either on the stove or in your microwave until bubbling hot.
Step 5: Shred Fresh Parmesan and Drizzle Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
After pulling your toast out of the oven, top with some freshly grated parmesan and watch it melt. Add your desired dose of cannabis-infused olive oil, drizzling across the toast.
Step 6: Top with Pizza Sauce and Seasonings
After pulling your toast out of the oven, top with some freshly grated parmesan and watch it melt. Add your desired dose of cannabis-infused olive oil, drizzling across the toast. Scoop a healthy spoonful of pizza sauce – as much or as little as you’d like – and pour atop.
Add a dash of oregano, red pepper flakes, more parmesan, then enjoy!
Before you start your Pizza Toast, make sure you have your cannabis-infused olive oil ready with our simple recipe:
Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
- 3 T distilled water
- 1 c of your preferred olive oil
- Your desired dose of distillate for subtle cannabis taste or RSO for a stronger kushy flavor. Remember, there are 16 T in a c, so if you're looking for a 10mg dose per T, you'll need 160g of cannabis oil
- Take your double boiler (or saucepan and bowl) and add about an inch of water into the bottom pan.
- Set heat to low-medium, and place the top piece of the double boiler (or your bowl) atop the saucepan and water.
- Combine the oil and cannabis in the top saucepan or bowl. Bring it to a soft simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Remove the saucepan and let cool.
- Clearly label your personal cannabis-infused olive oil and store it for up to 30 days.
Cannabis-Infused Pizza Toast Recipe
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Burrata cheese, to taste
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 c marinara sauce
- Desired dose of cannabis-infused olive oil
- 2-4 T butter
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese (block or shredded)
- 1-2 T truffle oil or high-quality olive oil
- 1-2 squeezes of fresh lemon juice
- Oregano, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice your sourdough bread to your desired thickness
- Butter each side, then drizzle with truffle or unmedicated olive oil
- Toast your bread in a skillet over medium-high heat. As you toast, slice your tomatoes and drizzle with lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper.
- After your bread is toasted on both sides, layer on the burrata and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. As your creation bakes, warm up your preferred pizza sauce.
- After you pull out the Pizza Toast, sprinkle with shredded parmesan or grate some fresh. Then, drizzle on your preferred dose of cannabis-infused olive oil.
- Scoop a healthy spoonful of pizza sauce atop the toast. Add a dash of oregano, red pepper flakes, more parmesan, then enjoy your creation!
Craft Your Own Edibles with Our Cannabis Edibles Recipes
Infusing isn’t limited to viral TikTok recipes. You can up your daily dose of cannabinoids by subbing olive oils and butters in all of your staple recipes – our check into the blog for more inspiration! We curate our favorite cannabis-infused recipes to help you build your edibles cookbook, make sure to print or pin to save for later!
Content Manager for MÜV Florida and Contributor for Zen Leaf Dispensaries. A cannabis connoisseur with a passion for explaining the miraculous possibility of the plant, Swan began her journey with cannabis as a recreational user and quickly realized its positive impact on her depression and severe anxiety. She joined the cannabis industry as Receptionist and MedTender and witnessed first-hand the immense potential of the plant for a wide variety of ailments, deepening her passion for alternative medicine. Swan is dedicated to self-education on the plant and sharing its potential with all. She holds a Journalism degree from the University of Iowa.