MÜV Movies and Cannabis Club: Staycation Edition
By Brittiany Ralls March 31, 2023
Prep Time: 10 minutesYield 6 servings, approx. 1/4 cup each
To make this tasty Mexican-inspired dip, you'll need the following ingredients and equipment:
- 3 medium-sized avocados, ripe (look for brown skin that is slightly soft to the touch)
- 1 T cannabis-infused olive oil
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4 c medium red onion, finely minced
- 1 large jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely minced (add another jalapeno for more spice, or use serrano peppers instead)
- 1/4 c cilantro, finely chopped (save a little for garnish)
- 1 T lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips (for serving)
- Mixing bowl
- Fork or potato masher
- Sharp knife
- Serving bowls
- Start slicing your avocados by using your knife to circle the pit, then smack your knife into the pit to remove it. Use a towel or grab your pit and remove it from the knife.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the avocado into the mixing bowl. Repeat with each avocado.
- Then begin mashing the avocados with a fork or potato masher. After you have a mostly mashed consistency (no lumps) you can add your chopped tomato and cilantro, minced red onion, and jalapeno, and add your lime juice.
- Mix ingredients, then add salt to taste.
- Once you have salted according to your preference then garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips (the thicker the better), and enjoy!
Cannabis-Infused Marinara Sauce
Prep Time: 1 hours 45 minutesYield 4 servings
To make this hearty Italian-inspired marinara sauce, you'll need the following ingredients and equipment:
- 1/4 c cannabis-infused olive oil
- 1/4 c olive oil (not infused)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 lbs Roma tomatoes (blanched, peeled, and chunked)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c red wine
- 1 T honey
- 2 t fresh basil
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- Blanch, peel, and chop the tomatoes into chunks.
- In a large saucepan, add the not infused olive oil, chunked tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, red wine, balsamic vinegar, honey, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring the ingredients to almost a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an hour and a half.
- After marinara has simmered, bring the temp up just a bit, not enough to make it boil, and add cannabis-infused olive oil and stir for 5 minutes until completely combined and reduce heat again and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the marinara sauce from the heat and serve. Enjoy with meatballs, breadsticks, or even mozzarella sticks!
Content Writer for MÜV and Zen Leaf. Britt began exploring cannabis as a recreational user attempting to treat her migraines and depression. Finding success, she began to realize the many benefits of cannabis for a multitude of ailments. Her new-found knowledge prompted a move to Colorado, where she was able to medically treat her son with ADHD and aid her family in becoming healthier and happier. Realizing her passion for cannabis, she turned it into a career. Joining the industry as Medtender and moving into management gave Britt the knowledge needed to become a writer for a local cannabis culture magazine in Oklahoma and a leading voice in cannabis compliance.